Share |

Sunday, March 2, 2008

She's Here!!!!

Say hello to Peyton Lei. She was born on Tuesday, 2/26 at 11:35 PM. She weighed 6 lbs 13 oz and is 20 inches long. I know I am partial being her mother and all, but I can't help but brag! She's just so stinkin' cute! She really looks like her daddy as you can see from the photo below!!

I went into labor on Monday night (Feb 25) about 8:00 pm. The contractions were about 20 minutes apart and were not very strong. I didn't go to bed until 12:30 am that night. About 2:00 am I woke up with much stronger contractions. I timed them for about an hour and they were down to six minutes apart. I woke up my husband to let him know that we may have to go to the hospital in about an hour or so. I got up and went to get something to eat, and get the rest of my things ready. Once I did that though, my contractions were all over the place. They went from 20 minutes, to 8 minutes, back up to 15 minutes. When I had gotten up, I called my parents, that live in St. George, to let them know that I might be leaving for the hospital in about an hour. My dad said he would wake my mom up to start heading up. Little did I know that he had told my mom that I was actually headed to the hospital then, instead of what I had said. So I was up from about 3:30 am to 5 am. No real progress was happening with the contractions though. So I fell asleep on my couch watching the news. I woke back up at 7:30 am and called my mom. I told her I was home and that the contractions weren't steady enough. She was surprised that I wasn't at the hospital since my dad told her we were leaving 4 hrs prior. I told her to just come to my house. My husband left for work and I told him, once I was close enough with my contractactions, I could have my mom take me to the hospital. He works just across the street from the hospital but we live 25 minutes away. So he was worried about time. This helped relieve his stress. My mom got to my house just after 9 am. We hung out at home for a bit and then went to BabiesRus and got a glider. We went and picked up my sister and then headed to Cafe Rio and came back to my house to eat lunch. By now my contractions were back down to 6 minutes steady again. I didn't eat much lunch at all. I think I was too anxious. Plus my contractions were really hurting by now. I had an appointment that day with my doctor at 3:45 but I called and said I was having close enough contractions to go to the hospital. We got to the hospital at 4:00 and met Thong there. My contractions weren't 3-5 minutes apart, but I thought my doctor was still out of town and so I wanted to see how far off I was. When we got there, I was told that my doctor was in fact back in town. I was really relieved that she was back in town.

So they headed me off to a room. I answered a bunch of questions and they checked how far along I was. I was far enough that they were admitting me. I kept telling my mom all the way there, that they were sending me back. But luckily that didn't have to happen. Soon after, my water was broken and I was given the epidural and that really helped a lot. I am glad that I did the epidural. It took the focus off the pain of the contractions and helped me relax and get ready for the pushing. I think I would have been exhausted by the time I started pushing if I wouldn't have done the epidural.

While we were anxiously waiting, Thong was entertaining us all. He helped pass the time and kept us laughing the whole time.

About 10:45 PM I started to push. The nurse called my doctor at home. I pushed for about 10 minutes and then the nurse told me to stop and wait for the doctor. It took her about another 20 minutes to get there and then I started again. I only pushed for about another 10 minutes once she got there. The whole expiernce was just so overwhelming. And at the end, I had this beautiful new little baby girl in my arms. And she was worth every moment that it took to get her here!!! I never thought that I could love another person, besides my husband, so much!!!

As you can imagine, I probably won't be stamping for a little while, but I have a lot of stuff to work on for her room, so I will start posting again with projects hopefully soon.

In the meantime, Happy Stampin'!


Laurel said...

Aunt Laurel here. Congratulations on the beautiful baby girl. Janae told me she had seen your announcement and story on your blog. I am so happy for you and your husband. You will be a great mom.