Share |

Sunday, November 7, 2010

1 Day Down, 24 To Go

Wow, look at all these posts in a few days! :) I love when I have this much to blog!

The weather here in Utah is still super nice. I am just waiting for the cold to come. I am so not a winter person, but I do love the fall! So hopefully the crisp temperatures will last a little while before the bitter cold comes. Doesn't usually work that way here though. So we'll see.

I did day number 1 for my countdown calendar last night. It took me a while to figure out exactly how I wanted to do it. I did know that I wanted to add something on for each day instead of take something off, that way the tree gets fuller as Christmas gets closer. Then I figured that I could add the numbers each day - and that Peyton could definitely help with this part. The tricky part was figuring out how to make it work.

This is what I came up with:


This first day happens to be 4" x 4", but I think I am going to have each day vary in sizes. I love the blingage for sure! :)


 Here is day 1 without the number. Behind the plaid tag is a strip of magnet. The magnet isn't strong enough between 2 pages of cardstock, so make sure you only do it behind one piece of paper or it won't work.


Here is the front of the number.


And here is the back. I die cut the number backwards with the magnet sheet. It's self adhesive so it's so nice to be able to stick it right to the paper without any extra work!!

I figured I can keep the numbers in a binder page sectioned for small things, to keep the numbers from getting all mixed up. And then we can pull the current day out each day to add it on. I am so excited to get this finished!!! The end product for attaching the item for each day wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but I think it will still turn out super cute.

I can't wait to keep showing you guys each day as I get them finished.

Oh, really fast, here are the supplies before I forget:

Cardstock - Early Espresso and Very Vanilla Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper - {blue and white background} Dear Lizzy for American Crafts, {Red and Cream/Green Polka dot} The Girls Paperie, {red punched flower on 1} Stampin' Up!, {Plaid tag and blue under clear button}  My Minds Eye, {flower lollie} book page
Punches - Scallop Trim border, Scallop border, Bird, Itty Bitty flower Stampin' Up!, Large Corner Rounder EK Success
Blingage - Jewel stickers Stampin' Up, Red Glitter Studio G
Ribbon - Brown Satin Stampin' Up!, Bakers Twine from my stash
Buttons - Brown Bazzill Basics, Green Stampin' Up!, Clear Itty Bitty Stampin' Up!
Ink - Early Espresso Stampin' Up!
Magnet Sheets - QuicKutz
Die - QuicKutz

Before I had my Big Shot, I had the QuicKutz manual die cut machine. I am glad I upgraded for sure. But I am still able to use all my old dies, because they are compatible. So I don't feel like what I invested into my QuicKutz was a waist for sure. I got the magnet sheets at a convention a few years back and have only used it a few times, so I have plenty to complete my project! And the sheets are super thin so they are very easy to die cut. It makes it super nice to work with. Plus as I mentioned above, it's adhesive backed, which makes it all the better!!

I love that Day Light Savings is over! It was nice to have the extra hour today! Hope you all enjoy the rest of your Sunday. I will certainly do my best to do the same!

0 comments: