Share |

Monday, August 8, 2011

Receipt Holder and Picture Frame

Hi all! Hope you have all had a great first half of 2011! Sorry I have been in cyber oblivion. Thanks to Amber, I am getting my butt in gear and posting again!!! I have not crafted a lot. But I did make some fun stuff for my bed room and thought I would show you all.

Let's start with the receipt holder:







Are you all just as in love - and obsessed - with 7 Gypsies as I am! When I saw the vintage receipt holder, I knew I had to have one! Notice something different about mine though???? It comes black! I spray painted it this cream color. When I have it all finished I will show you what the back still looks like. I have 4 more spaces to go though, so I can't wait to get it finished!

Here is a rundown of supplies though in the mean time:

Paper - My Mind's Eye, Fancy Pants, Stampin' Up! {cardstock}
Stamps - Stampin' Up!, My Mind's Eye
Inks - Stanpin' Up!
Dies - Sizzix for Stampin' Up!
Punches - Stampin' Up!, EK Success
Buttons - Stampin' Up!, Bazzill Basics, My Mind's Eye
Glitter - Stickles
Brads - My Mind's Eye
Paper Doilies - Darice
Ribbon and Twine - Stampin' Up!, Martha Stewart, my stash
Pearlies - Stampin' Up!

As you can tell, I still have some work to do on it. But it will be so pretty when it's all finished :). I have my bed room as the last room in my house to decorate. So I figure it's about time. I have been wanting to do black, cream and blue for the colors. I wanted a black and cream damask for the bedding. But I haven't been able to find scrapbook paper to match my color scheme. So I have decided to go for brown instead of black. I think it will transition better with some of the furniture pieces that I already have anyway. And I love brown. I also don't want just a straight plain old blue. I have been trying to find a good balance between turquoise and country blue. I want that pretty bright blue that looks great on furniture and so many other things. So I have a few things down and am on search now for fabric for bedding. Can't wait to get it all together!

Before I go, here is one last thing:





This frame was super easy and inexpensive to make. I bought it thinking I was going to paint and distress it. But when I changed my mind on the color scheme for my room I realized it was perfect the way it was. It cost me $6 at a local home decor store here called Rod Works. They have great furniture and decorating pieces. A lot of my house is decorated in their products :).

Here are the supplies:

Paper - My Mind's Eye, Fancy Pants, Stampin' Up! {cardstock}
Punches - Stampin' Up!, EK Success
Ribbon and Twine - American Crafts, Martha Stewart
Stamps - Stampin' Up!, My Mind's Eye
Inks - Stampin' Up!
Glitter - Stickles
Charms - Prima Marketing

The whole thing took me about an hour to put together. It probably would have taken me less time, but I was totally engrossed in Keeping Up With the Kardashians at the time :).

An interesting side note - Peyton, my 3 year old - took the picture of my DH and I! Not too shabby of a job, if I do say so! We have a lot of fun in the summer. We go from city carnival to city carnival. Hit up some sporting events and love to watch as many fireworks shows as we can. This picture was taken at a Bee's Baseball Game - the local minor league team. Baseball games are one of our favorite things to do in the summer! This time we even got tickets right behind home plate! I have to say, it was my favorite spot that we have ever sat at. Peyton even made friends with the cute boy in front of us, whose name happened to be Easton. She was so excited that it was the same name as Amber's cute little girl!

Alright crafty chicks! I am signing off for the night. Hopefully I will be back soon. I am working on posting once a week, so I will be back shortly for sure!

Happy Crafting and Happy Summer!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Oh Leana, Im so glad you have posted again....I have really missed your post. And i love the frame and the receipe holder! so cute, I cant wait for your next post.

JustYolie said...

Wow!! I love the recipe holder, it's turning out fantastic! Oh the banner on your picture frame is the perfect touch....I sure hope you come back to share some more. :)