Share |

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bless This Nest Mobile - My Little Shoebox

 

So here it finally is. I got the elusive My Little Shoebox project finally finished that I have been talking about over and over. It was so much fun to make this. I have been picturing it in my head but I really didn't know exactly how it was going to turn out. I can say that I am deffinitely pleased. It wasn't without some bumps in the road. But for the most part, I am way excited with the final result. The final touch was the beads added on. I have been trying to get them added for some time, but I didn't have the right head pins. Then I realized I didn't have wire. Then I finally went and got the final touches, came home, sat down to work on it and realized the beads had too big of holes to work with the head pins and to top it off, I bought flexable beading wire instead of regular old wire. Argh! But I figured it out in the end : D.


Do you like how neither of my dogs are looking at the camera! My husband set up the camera on auto timer. It was our first attempt at it and it took some practicing, but we finally figured it out!
A few things to note. The whole project started with the first little black birdhouse with white polka dots. I made it and knew I needed more! But just how I was going to keep making them and tie them all in together, that came later. The next thing is, I am so addicted to making these paper roses! Now that I have this project finished, my next project is the tutorial to make them. So stay tuned. Be kind, it will be my first tutorial ever!  : D As you can tell, I used them all over the place. Plus I made one out of the scallop circle punch. Speaking of the Scallop Circle punch, I also used it to make the heart banner above the photo. I also did this on the birdhouse I made for my mom that I posted a few posts ago. The next thing is, My Little Shoebox paper is filled with all sorts of cute and fun images of birds, houses, flowers, lamps : D..... I could go on and on. I used these images though all over the place. I created the little scenes on each birdhouse and on the top of the mobile basically by cutting out the paper. Who needs fancy embelishments when the paper is so usuable!!!!! And I love the patterns on the reverse site. The black with cream polka dots is so my favorite. But they are all so cute!
        
     

Here are a bunch of close ups since there is so much to show!









 





Here are the supplies:
  • Patterned Paper - My Little Shoebox {from 2 different lines. The names are escaping me right now so I will update them A.S.A.P.!}
  • Chipboard - Fancy Pants
  • Glitter Stickers - My Little Shoebox
  • Punches - Scallop border, Scallop Circle, bird, 1" Circle, Boho Blossoms: Stampin' Up!
  • Die - 8 petal flower  {used to make paper roses} and Milk Carton: Stampin' Up! for Sizzix
  • Adhesive - Pop Dots, craft Glue Dots, glue stick
  • Ribbon - all ribbon is left over from former projects {wish I could tell you manufacturers for these, but I can only guess}
  • Beading Supplies - beads, copper beading wire, copper crimp beads, copper jump rings, copper chain, copper jump rings
  • Brad - Stampin' Up!
  • Button - my stash
I love My Little Shoebox and can't wait to see what they come out with next! Hope you guys like this too.

0 comments: