Share |

Monday, May 31, 2010

A Present From Peyton


Today I was busy doing some things around home, but we needed to get flowers to take to my grandparent's grave and Thong's father's grave. Plus we needed a treat for the Memorial Day Bar-B-Que that we were going to today. So Thong and Peyton went to the store and I stayed home to get what I needed to done. When they came back, Peyton came running in the door with a bouquet of flowers for me! It was so cute! She told Thong that she wanted to get flowers for me : D. How can I not be charmed by that. My little girl is such a sweetie. And what a thoughtful thing for my two year old to think of doing. I am pretty blessed to have her! I love her so much! Thong said he had picked out another bouquet for me and she said no! And then picked out these gorgeous lillies! And they smell so good. I love flowers. What woman doesn't.

Hope you all had a safe and fun Memorial Weekend. It went by quickly but it was good! I saw Sex and the City 2 with friends on Saturday,  then I caught up on Greys Anatomy, played lots and lots with Peyton, and I even got a little crafting in. I am extremely thankful though for those that came before us and sacrificed themselves for a belief in freedom and in human rights. I am thankful for those that are still serving in the armed forces doing that very thing. Memorial Day also makes me reflect upon my grandparents and how much I miss them and how much they always made me feel like I was the most important person in the world to them. Days like this help us remember what is really important in the past so we can move forward in our lives.

Happy Memorial Day!

1 comments:

Miriam Ika Marshall said...

i love it!! that is so cute!! and lilies!! she is totally my niece to be picking out those flowers!! i am glad you had fun.. oh and i think you can find my blog if you look at my profile but if not the address is (be prepared it is REALLY long) jaredandmiriammarshall.blogspot.com, haha i know!!