Share |

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Look, I Scrapbooked!!!

Do you guys love the Miss Caroline from My Mind's Eye, as much as I do??? For me, it was love at first sight. I ended up getting a little bit of everything from all of the Miss Caroline lines. Once I got the paper, I COULD NOT WAIT TO COME HOME AND SCRAPBOOK! I have not made a page for about 6 months. And I didn't even blog the last page I made because I messed up on the journaling section.

Well, on both of the scrapbook pages I made - that's right, I made 2!!! - I made a spot to hide the journaling. So hopefully when I write down the journaling for each page, even if I don't love the way it turns out, I won't care as much because I can hide them :).

Here is the first page:

Between the photo and the doilies is where the hidden journaling panel is. Once I get it complete, I will show a post on it.

I am crazy about the wood die cuts from My Mind's Eye! I used a butterfly on this page, and a label on the next page. I wish I could die cut wood this thick, myself with my Big Shot or Cricut!
Besides the Miss Caroline paper, I also used some older My Mind's Eye lines for the banner. I thought they all went really well together.

Supplies:

Patterned Paper - My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline
Lace - Webster's Pages {cream trim}, May Arts {yellow trim}
Baker's Twine - Stampin' Up! {Island Indigo}
Thickers - American Crafts
Button's - My Mind's Eye, Stampin' Up!, Bazil Basics,
Brad - My Mind's Eye
Flowers - Prima and Stampin' Up!
Leaf Pins - Maya Road
Half Pearls - Basic Pearls Stampin' Up!
Wood Butterfly die cut - My Mind's Eye
Stamp - doily My Mind's Eye
Ink - Baja Breeze Stampin' Up!
Punches - Mini Heart, Itty Bitty Flower, Fancy Flower, 5 Petal Flower
Stampin' Up!
Doilies - Wilton
Die - Beautiful Butterflies Embosslits die Stampin' Up!

A few things to note, I didn't use any cardstock! It's all patterned paper. Also, the photo editing is from a site called PicMonkey. It's a good replacement for Picnic being gone. There are some really cool effects, and right now, all of them are free. Some day I will learn how to use my Adobe Photoshop program. Until that day comes though, this sight is great!

This next page is my favorite:



I used a combination for the Mister Huey's spritzers from Studio Calico and re-inker refills from Stampin' Up! The re-inkers created the large drops all over the page. It's a technique I will be using a lot more, for sure! My other favorite thing about the page is the banner stamps at the top of the page. These are from My Mind's Eye. Aren't they adorable! And they layer so well!

Supplies:
Cardstock - Stampin' Up! Natural
Patterned Paper - My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline
Thickers - American Crafts
Punches - Scallop border, Fancy Label, Bird Builder, Mini Flower, Itty Bitty Flower Stampin' Up!
Flourish - Cricut Cindy Loo
Die - Beautiful Butterflies Stampin' Up!
Jewels - Pearls and Rhinestones Stampin' Up!
Stamps - My Mind's Eye; Fancy Pants, Stampin' Up!
Button and Brad - My Mind's Eye
Twine - Stampin' Up!
Flower - Prima
Ribbon - Stampin' Up!
Doilies - Wilton
Ink - Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, Pretty In Pink, Island Indigo, River Rock stamp pads and re-inkers Stampin' Up!
Spritzers - Mister Huey's

I am off. Hope you all have a great lazy Sunday afternoon!

Stay Crafty!

1 comments:

Amber said...

I love them both, and I love that you finally scrap booked some pages... good Job!!