Share |

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Queen For A Day layout


My daughter just recently celebrated her 2nd birthday. Her party - the next day after her birthday - was a lot of fun. We had kids and adults, good food and birthday cake and ice cream. Of course, what birthday party would have been complete without balloons. Certainly not Peyton's! Pey loves loves loves balloons. She has pretty much for the last 2 years. What kid doesn't! But with Peyton being an only child right now and her birthday being a whole day just about her {she so new it was her birthday party and that everyone was there for her since I had been telling her for about 2 weeks that it was coming up} she just didn't want to share those balloons! Not even a little bit. Not even if she got 11 and another kid got 1! She wanted every single one of them and was not taking no for an answer! That is why Pey is so my little Queeny! She was in charge of her party and there was no questioning it! I admit, I got frustrated with her, but as my mom reminded me - oh so patiently as most mothers do - that she was only 2 and she still doesn't quite have the grasping down of what exactly sharing is. So since it was her birthday, I pretty much let her have rule over the balloons {not completely since balloons were being snuck out as kids were leaving}. She didn't notice that they slowly kept making it out the door! Wonder if I will be so lucky next year!!!! :D

These pictures capture Peyton in all her 2 year old glory. I am awestruck at how fast time goes by. I spend so much time wishing for time to pass so the weekend can come sooner or so I can go on that well deserved vacation that I forget sometimes to stop and smell the roses. But these 2 pictures... these 2 pictures help me do just that.

It is so much fun being your mom Pey! I love love love you. I get a little choked up in the fact that I love you more and more everyday. It may be a cliche, but in your case little girl it is 100% accurate and to the point!

Here are the supplies that I used:

  • BasicGrey - brown card stock and patterned paper {large flower background}, purple chipboard "q", green letter stickers, floral pattern brad
  • My Minds Eye - flocked brown and green patterned paper
  • Sassafrass - brown and pink patterned paper strips
  • Heidi Swapp - large pink silk flowers, white damask sticker
  • American Crafts - glitter buttons {Dear Lizzy line}, brown Thickers, "love" button flair
  • Martha Stewart - Lace Trim border punch
  • 7 Gypsies - metal key
  • Stampin' Up! - Chocolate Chip ink, rubon flowers and word
  • Stickles - pink and white liquid glitter
  • Imaginisce - Castle clear stamp
  • All My Memories - copper word charm
  • Stash - yellow ribbon, clear gemstone stickers
  • Daisy D - flourish stamp on the letter "q"
As you can see I have quite a stash of pattern paper that has been building up over the years {embellishments too}. So even though I just made this page, I have been trying to use a lot of my old paper on all of my layouts and projects. This BasicGrey background floral print is probably one of my all time favorites. I bought it years ago and bought like 10 pages of it! This is the first time I have actually used it! I struggled with it because the flower is so big and I never wanted to cover it up. I obviously covered it up really well in this page, but I think I left as much of it showing as I could. Can't wait to see what I can do with the 9 pages of it!

The flocked green polka dot and brown print paper is new from My Minds Eye! I wish I had more of it than just a few pieces! It's so pretty! I think I will have to use the brown on a card!

Well I am off for today. Happy Scrapping Everyone!

Leana

P.S. Here are some up close pictures of all the pretty little details




0 comments: